OpenWeatherMap provides all essential weather data for a specific location:
- Current weather
- Minute forecast for 1 hour
- Hourly forecast for 48 hours
- Daily forecast for 8 days
- National weather alerts
- Historical weather data for 40+ years back
This page covers how to use the
OpenWeatherMap API within LangChain.
Installation and Setup
- Install requirements with
pip install pyowm
- Go to OpenWeatherMap and sign up for an account to get your API key here
- Set your API key as
There exists a OpenWeatherMapAPIWrapper utility which wraps this API. To import this utility:
from langchain_community.utilities.openweathermap import OpenWeatherMapAPIWrapper
For a more detailed walkthrough of this wrapper, see this notebook.
You can also easily load this wrapper as a Tool (to use with an Agent). You can do this with:
from langchain.agents import load_tools
tools = load_tools(["openweathermap-api"])
For more information on tools, see this page.